The Power of VIA
Throughout its 36-year history, the Valley Industry Association (VIA) has reinvented itself repeatedly. Always with an eye toward identifying changing trends in the business landscape, VIA has remained nimble, flexible and well-positioned for change as required.
While networking opportunities are important and woven into every VIA event and program, it has been the professional development and advocacy efforts that have been the stalwart pillars of the organization. From its sold-out annual employment law update presented by Poole & Shaffery, LLP to the splendor of the VIA BASH gala attended by the valley’s most sought-after powerhouse professionals, VIA provides a platform for business owners and executives to learn, grow and succeed.
VIA knows working professionals have many choices when selecting between the various business organizations in the Santa Clarita Valley. Each serves a distinct purpose and vital role in the overall health and vitality of the community. But when someone asks, “Why VIA?” the simple answer is “Why not VIA?”
“With membership at the heart of the organization, creating value is an ongoing focus,” said Kathy Norris, CEO and president of VIA. “Members receive special member rates for programs, training and events, and discounts on sponsorships at VIA-branded signature events. Perhaps more importantly, members can realize a competitive advantage in developing business within the area’s industrial centers.”
Earlier this year, VIA established a Strategic Planning Task Force charged with the task to re-evaluate, retool, and reinvigorate the mission, vision, and purpose of the organization in today’s environment. Overall, the ad hoc committee has had a keen focus on creating the greatest value for its members and the business community at large. And now with laser-focused intensity, expect an aura of new energy to emerge as VIA rolls out of its plan for the future. A plan that plays on VIA’s historical strengths and capitalizes on new opportunities.
To learn more about what’s happening at VIA, contact Kathy Norris at 661-294-8088 or visit www.VIA.org.
TOP SEVEN REASONS TO JOIN VIA
1. Visibility. VIA members who attend events and participate in business-related activities maintain visibility with business professionals in the community. The more others know about your business, the better informed they are on ways to support your company.
2. Access to Community Leaders and Elected Officials. Whether volunteering to serve on a committee or attending specific events where prospects are likely to be, you’ll find yourself in situations where you can identify and meet decision makers face-to-face.
3. Ongoing Training, Education & Professional Development. Sensitive to the time constraints every business person has, VIA keeps members updated, informed and educated on issues affecting the local business community in the most concise and timesaving ways possible.
4. Networking. VIA offers everything from seminars and monthly business luncheons to the annual VIA BASH gala and quarterly VIA Rocks! events.
5. Low cost marketing opportunities. Whether you have a large or small marketing budget, VIA offers a wide range of affordable options to showcase your business.
6. Advocacy. VIA researches, lobbies and routinely discusses with local and regional government units, politicians and the media issues that are relevant to the needs, goals, and challenges of the business community.
7. Credibility. As a member of VIA, your business will be viewed as a reputable and professional organization that is connected to its business community.
Presented by the Valley Industry Association
Friday, October 27, 2017
6:30 p.m. Cocktails
8 p.m. Dinner and program
Hyatt Regency Valencia
Celebrating its members, the Valley Industry Association (VIA) invites guests to step back in time to the Hollywood Canteen era “where the greatest generation danced with the most beautiful girls in the world.” Relive the glamour of old Hollywood while listening to the musical talents of The Summit, a pop, jazz and swing quartet. Proceeds from the event benefit the VIA Education Foundation, Connecting to Success program.
“VIA’s BASH has become one of the must-attend events in the Santa Clarita Valley,” said Hillary Broadwater, with QM Design Group and chairwoman of the event.
Keeping in theme, VIA is offering Gold Star General sponsorships available before the event to benefit the VIA Education Foundation. For each gold star donation made it helps fund the cost for sending students to Connecting to Success, a workplace readiness program training 2,500 high school juniors annually from all area high schools. Students learn financial literacy, business ethics and communicating their value in the half-day workshop.
As part of the evening’s festivities, VIA honors and showcases businesses within Santa Clarita by celebrating the diversity and accomplishments of its members. Awards are given to those individuals and members of distinction deserving in one of three categories: Business of the Year, Rising Star, and the Connie Worden-Roberts Volunteer of the Year Award.
To purchase tickets, table sponsorships or to become a Connecting to Success gold star sponsor, visit www.VIAbash.com or contact Kathy Norris at 661-294-8088 or [email protected]. To learn more, visit www.VIA.org.
ADVERTISE WITH US
I hope your New Year is off to a wonderful start. We at élite Magazine have worked really hard to get this issue to you, there are so many great stories inside, here’s a brief run down. Our cover story is a truly dedicated young lady, Niamani Knight, a 16-year-old...read more
Cunning, smart, and so accomplished at only 16 years of age. Most teens are just worried about getting through high school let alone starting their own non-profit. As the founder of S.T.R.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Arts, and Manufacturing) Kids...read more
When you get to know Sally Colón-Petree, you get a sense that every morning she wakes up, the injustices and evil of the world say, “oh crap she’s up!” This marvelous woman has made such strides in raising awareness for those who are unable to or are too scared to...read more